Professional Development & Learning Academy (PDL) Terms, Conditions & Policies
Please read all Terms, Conditions & Policies carefully before accessing or using the information and/or associated services provided by PDL Academy.
The PDL Academy website and associated services are offered to you conditional upon your acceptance of PDL’s Terms, Conditions, and Policies. By accessing PDL’s website, Learning Management System (LMS) or associated services, you agree to be bound by PDL’s Terms, Conditions, and Policies. PDL reserves the right to change the Terms, Conditions and/or Policies at its discretion and without notice. A version of the current PDL Terms, Conditions & Policies will be updated accordingly on the PDL Website. By accessing or using PDL’s website, you agree to be bound by the terms, conditions, and policies.
The terms, conditions & policies which follow apply to all CPA Program & Foundation services:
- Registration and payment in full must be completed prior to the commencement of the respective PDL tuition, option or online service.
- Early-bird discounts will only be granted provided registration and payment are completed before the closing date. No further discounts will be considered.
- Registrants may only apply for withdrawal/cancelling of tuition to request a refund in accordance with our ‘PDL Refund Policy’ NB: Practice Tests are expressly excluded from our Refund Policy.
PDL Academy reserves the right to:
- Cancel a PDL activity where circumstances beyond its control prohibit the activity being held.
- Cancel a PDL tuition activity where insufficient registrations have taken place to warrant holding the activity and alternative arrangements to deliver tuition prove unacceptable.
- Issue a refund of the applicable fee, which will be made to the registrant should it be deemed necessary to cancel an activity.
- Change the day/time of the planned PDL tuition activity if required due to circumstances beyond our control (e.g. tutor’s illness), although for all intent and purposes, PDL will endeavour to run all scheduled activities as advertised.
- Change a tutor prior to the commencement of the advertised class as it deems necessary.
PDL will protect the privacy and security of the information you provide. By registering with PDL you agree to PDL using your personal information to process your application, for contacting you to advise you of PDL services and /or products, to allow contact by your tutor and/or PDL support regarding your studies, to disclose to CPA Australia (as required) and / or affiliated companies of PDL, and for internal auditing purposes.
Copyright and Trademark
Copyright in the content on the PDL Academy website/LMS and materials supplied to candidates is owned by PDL unless otherwise indicated, and you agree not to infringe any intellectual property rights, including trademarks, owned by PDL Academy.
All materials are subject to Australian copyright laws. Should you wish to use, reproduce or distribute our materials in a manner outside these laws, prior written consent from PDL Academy is mandatory.
Forums and Public Communication
The forum includes without limitation; chat area, message board, blog or wiki function, discussion board, instant messaging, mobile messaging or e-mail function offered as part of the Website. If you participate in any forum on the Website, you agree to follow our terms set out below.
PDL is not responsible for the content or opinions posted or sent by users in any forum. You acknowledge that: (i) you take responsibility for postings under your username; (ii) you use the information provided in the forums at your own risk; (iii) anything you submit on the website by way of any forum is routed through PDL servers and/or the internet and that, therefore, you have no expectation of privacy with regard to any such submission; (iv) PDL does not guarantee and is under no obligations, to take action in response to any suggestions or requests placed by any person on the forum; (v) the forums and features on the website are forums for public and not private communications. Please keep in mind that whenever you give out personal information online, for example, via message boards or chat, that information can be collected and used by people you don’t know. PDL cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose online; you make such disclosures at your own risk.
Rules of Conduct:
In addition to the terms and conditions of our website, the following rules of conduct apply:
- Post, distribute, or otherwise make available or transmit any data, text, or message, that PDL deems to be: (i) defamatory, abusive, harassing, insulting, threatening, or that could be deemed to be stalking; (ii) bigoted, hateful, or racially offensive; (iii) vulgar, obscene, or sexually explicit (language or images); or that (iv) encourages or advocates illegal activity or the discussion of illegal activities with the intent to commit them; or that (v) infringes and/or violates any domestic or international law, rule, or regulation or make statements that do not generally pertain to the designated topic or theme of any forum.
- Advertise or sell any products, services or otherwise (whether or not for profit), or solicit others or use any forum for commercial purposes of any kind.
- Impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or entity.
- Engage in antisocial, disruptive, or destructive acts, including “flaming”, “spamming”, “flooding”, “trolling”, and “griefing” as those terms are commonly understood and used on the internet.
PDL Academy reserve the right to:
- Remove any material, and if we deem appropriate, to turn over to law enforcement officials, any material, including message, e-mail, or posting, that is in violation of these terms.
- Remove messages, e-mails, or postings that do not pertain to the designated topic or theme of the forum.
- Comply with any order or otherwise cooperate with law enforcement officials regarding the identification of any user alleged to be using the website in violation of the law
- either via staff posting or otherwise, initiate any discussion based on feedback from members.
- Remove or edit content from any forum at any time and for any reason although it has no duty to do so.
Limitation of Liability
- Makes no warranties or representations about the website or any of the content contained within it.
- Accepts no responsibility for any loss suffered by you or anyone else in connection with the use of the website or any of the content on the Learning Management System.
- Does not guarantee that the website will not cause damage or is free from viruses or any other defects or errors. Under no circumstances will PDL be liable for any incidental, special or consequential damages, including damages for loss of business or other profits arising in relation to the content. This includes, but is not limited to, the transmission of any computer virus or any other defects or errors.
- The contents of the website or LMS are intended as a guide and not professional advice
License to use PDL’s Website and Learning Management System (LMS)
Unless otherwise stated, PDL owns the intellectual property rights of the materials on the PDL website and LMS. All these intellectual property rights are reserved.
You may view, download for caching purposes only, and print pages from the website and the LMS for your own personal use, subject to the restrictions set out below and elsewhere in these terms and conditions of use.
You must not:
(a) republish material from this website or the LMS;
(b) sell, rent or sub-license material from the website or the LMS;
(c) show/present any material from the website or LMS in public;
(d) reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on our website or LMS for a commercial purpose;
(e) edit or otherwise modify any material on the website or the LMS; or
(f) redistribute material from the website or LMS except for content specifically and expressly made available for redistribution.
Professional Development and Learning Academy Pty Ltd (“PDL”) is committed to protecting your privacy and the confidentiality and the security of personal information provided by you.
The personal information you provide is necessary to process your registration form which may include updating your record and profile information.
We may use your personal information to contact you about tuition provider services including tuition products, study and exam tips, latest news, updates and newsletters, to conduct analysis or market research, to inform you about the CPA Program and how to become a member of CPA Australia and to generally provide you with information on services and benefits of being a member of CPA Australia.
Your personal information provided by you may be disclosed to external organisations that we engage in business functions such as our mailing houses, printers, technology service providers and marketing and communications agencies and CPA Australia.
Your personal information may be transferred or stored outside the country where the information was collected for the purposes stated above.
You have the right to access or correct any personal information we hold about you (subject to any applicable legal exceptions) and can do this by contacting PDL at firstname.lastname@example.org and use this service to select the kind of communications you wish to receive or opt out of receiving certain communications from us.
PDL Academy Refund Policy
Refunds will only be made in accordance with the following terms:
- PDL reserves the right to offer alternative tuition arrangements in lieu of a refund. Should these arrangements prove unacceptable, a refund will then be made (see Terms and Conditions)
- In the event that PDL is unable to provide the subject/study option you enrolled in, then any tuition fee paid will be refunded in full.
- Cancellation – more than two (2) weeks before the start of the subject/study option in which the candidate is enrolled, an administration fee of $145 will be deducted from the refund amount. Written notice of cancellation or withdrawal must be sent to PDL within the time stated (more than 2 weeks prior to commencement).
- Cancellation – less than two (2) weeks before the start of the subject/study option in which the candidate is enrolled, then 75% of the course fee paid will be refunded. Written notice of cancellation or withdrawal must be sent to PDL within the time stated (less than 2 weeks prior to commencement).
- Once you have enrolled in a class that has commenced, no refund will be paid.
- PDL reserves the right to decline a refund request if you withdraw or miss a class, once it has officially commenced.
- Under exceptional circumstances, refunds will be considered such as serious accidents or illness. In such cases, you will need to provide suitable supporting evidence and documentation
Refunds are not applicable to Practice Tests
To apply for a refund follow the steps below:
Step 2: PDL will contact you to discuss your application and advise if further details or information is required
Step 3: PDL advises you in writing of the outcome of your application within one (1) week of receipt of your application, and a record of your application will be kept on file.
PDL Academy Grievance Policy
PDL recognises the rights of its staff and enrolled registrants to have open access to mediation. This means PDL have the right to report problems, concerns or grievances regarding any aspect of their tuition or other activities, which are within the control of PDL and its staff.
The Grievance Policy is intended for all staff and enrolled registrants of PDL. PDL will ensure the following when dealing with complaints, grievances, and appeals:
- Each complaint or grievance and its outcome are recorded in writing
- Each appeal is given a fair hearing by an independent person or panel
- Each appellant has an opportunity to formally present his or her case
- Each appellant is given a written statement of the appeal outcomes, including reasons for the decision.
What to Do
If you have a problem, complaint or grievance with another staff member, tutor or enrolled registrants you should use the following procedure:
Step 1: Identify and discuss the complaint or grievance with the other party. Discuss the best outcome to the complaint or grievance. Agree to act to resolve the complaint or grievance.
Step 2: If after talking to the person the complaint or grievance remains unresolved you should approach the Managing Director, who will mediate to resolve the problem. PDL will provide you with a written statement of the appeal outcome.
Step 3: This process will commence within one (1) week of the lodgement of the complaint.
PDL Academy Pricing Policy
All of our prices are in Australian Dollars (AUD$).
Course prices are reviewed and updated periodically and will be updated on the website accordingly.
PDL Academy Security Policy
When purchasing from PDL Academy your financial details are passed through a secure server using the latest 128-bit SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology. This encryption is the current industry standard.
If you have any questions regarding our security policy, please contact PDL Academy at email@example.com
Material or information (“Content”) on the PDL website or the LMS are intended as a guide and not professional advice and is subject to periodic changes and may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. PDL does not warrant the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the Content on the Website/LMS. PDL reserves the right to moderate any user-generated Website Content/LMS as it considers appropriate, including in forums and any Q&A. You must not create or maintain any link from another website to the PDL Website/LMS without our written consent.
PDL Website/LMS Unavailability
PDL does not accept responsibility if the Website is unavailable to you due to any computer downtime, malfunction or such other event outside the control of PDL.